Saturday, April 08, 2006

Goodbye, National Library Week.

I had a WONDERFUL day yesterday! It was the last day of National Library Week and right before I got on the P.A. system to give out the final day's reading prizes, the principal used the P.A. to brag on the Madison library. She told everybody to pat Kirsten and me on the back and thank us for a job well done. She also gave me a beautiful plant and announced that there would be a cake in the teachers' lounge for faculty and staff to celebrate National Library Week.

All day long, people sent cards and sweet email messages or just said kind words in the hallway. One student even came up and hugged me as I did hall duty! If Mayor "Stormin' Norman" Archibald had given us the keys to the city, I couldn't have been more pleased.

What a wonderful day. What a wonderful campus. What a wonderful job.

No comments: