I used the basic recipe for the Union Square Cafe's bar nuts, but reduced the salt and added the zing of Tabasco and Worcestershire sauces.
Rosemary's Nuts* 1/4 pound each peeled peanuts, cashews, brazil nuts, hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans, and whole unpeeled almonds OR 1 pound unsalted assorted nuts
* 1 tablespoon butter, melted
* 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
* 1 teaspoon cayenne
* 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
* salt to taste (approx. 1/2 tsp--1 tsp. kosher salt should do it)
*generous dash of original recipeTabasco sauce
*generous dash of Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Toss the nuts in a large bowl to combine and spread them out on a cookie sheet. Toast in the oven until they become light golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
3. In the large bowl, combine the melted butter with the rosemary, cayenne, brown sugar, salt, Tabasco, and Worcestershire sauce.
4. Thoroughly toss the warm toasted nuts with the spiced butter and serve warm. Store leftovers in airtight containers; they're great for a couple of weeks.