Saturday, December 18, 2010

Actual conversations.

Overheard recently at my house...

Him: "I think you're the biggest girl I've ever dated."

Her: "That's fantastic news. Can't tell you how excited I am to hear that."

Him: "No, not FAT! I don't mean FAT! Just BIG! You're just BIG-BONED. Your legs are like twice the size of mine."

Her: "You're not making it better."


...and...


Him: "Hey, I've been meaning to ask you something. You know that last Nantucket Cranberry Pie you made?"

Her: "Umm...yeah?"

Him: "Those pecans weren't from my tree, were they?"

Her (after a pause): "Oh. Umm...no, they weren't. Those were from Larry & Belva's trees in the Hill Country. How could you possibly KNOW that?"

Him: "I know my own pecans."

Her: "That's CRAZY! Are you some kind of connoisseur? Some kind of PECAN-oisseur? Pecanoisseur!!! Bwah-haaa-haa!!" (spluttering and laughter and snorting)

Him: (silence)


And here are TWO early Christmas gift for History nerds like me: Enjoy the comedy stylings at Historic LOLs, a site with old-timey photos captioned for your entertainment, at:

and the first cinematic Alice in Wonderland:
 

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

I think someone might not be reading your blog; or you are very brave :-)

Ferny. said...

Pecanoisseur?! Hahaha! Is good.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I never thought of you as BIG! If you're big, then I'm GARGANTUAN!!