Sunday, August 27, 2006

Luau pictures!

What a Saturday! Cleaned house, watered the lawn from 5:30 to 9:00 a.m. (moved the sprinkler every 20-30 minutes), TWO classes at the gym, got gas, washed my car in the front yard, helped Kirsten's MIL move out of her retirement center, and then went to the Hope Church of Christ luau swim party.

Patsy gave everybody Hawaiian nametags and raffle tickets when we came in; last Saturday, I won a door prize as "Kisty," and this week, I won one as "Kiliki"!

Slept like a baby last night, needless to say...and even "slept in" until 5:00 a.m. this morning. (Well...kinda...May Bee started whining at 4:15, but I wasn't budging. Although I didn't go back to sleep, I was able to snuggle under the covers and listen to the BBC until five.)

The church techies were out of town for a wedding so I played Digital Photographer last night. Here's my favorite shot:

I love the look on her face, the missing tooth, and the drip *just about* to fall from her chin. This girl redefines "adorable."

He scares me. I'm not feeding him anything.
(You'd probably draw back a bloody stump at the end of your arm, if you tried.)

This picture reminds me of the comedian who joked about rich, attractive skiers who look down their noses at the novices on the Bunny Slope, sniffing, "We are good-looking Nordic people...and you are not." You can't hate 'em, though, because these people are actually friendly and nice. Don't hate them because they're beautiful!


Check out the pure bliss on this young man's face as his dad played Pied Piper of the Pool! (At one point, Coach had seven kids on this raft as he pulled them tirelessly around the shallow end. "Dad of the Year," if you ask me...especially since I've seen him read to his kids on the floor of my library...)

I couldn't stop snapping pictures of this little girl. Not only is she named BETHANY, but she's started walking since I've been attending Hope. She is growing up at the speed of light--and was *fearless* in the pool last night. She went under tons of times, and it didn't seem to bother her. In fact, her parents had to watch her because she would just walk off the edge of the concrete into the water! I think her dad is a Navy chaplain...which might explain her love of the water!


Yeah! No girlie men here. Houston would have been the best-lookin' hunk in this picture if he weren't busy being a Buckaroo in another county an hour away!


The Snack Shack crew serving Hawaiian meatballs and egg rolls. Yum. (Aren't they the cutest couple? I want them to have tons of kids...and then I want to be their librarian.)

Well, the best picture of the night can't be found here, IMHO, because no one snapped a picture of me going down the slide OR off the diving board. I was certainly the OLDEST person to do either...and the ONLY librarian. :-)

Some of these photos will play tonight at church, if I get there early enough to insert a few into the PowerPoint that plays before worship...the one that reminds people to turn off their cell phones, the restaurant where everybody will meet before Wed. night Bible study, upcoming activities, etc.

Oh, and btw...we found a way to end the grinding Abilene drought...if Kristy Coker waters her lawn, washes her car in the yard, leaves her windows down while she helps someone move across town, AND if the church schedules a pool party, it will POUR rain from the sky for hours and hours.

In fact, it's still raining!! Every time I take the dogs out to their Special Corner, I have to wipe their paws with the Pocohontas beach towel on the way back inside...

No comments: