Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday bliss.

What a wonderful day! Why?

~Thunder and lightning through the night and well into the morning made it PERFECT weather for having a lie-in with good books. I'm on Chapter 4 of An Emergent Manifesto of Hope (slow reading because you simply must re-read some paragraphs...highly recommended!) and am nearly finished with a silly Lemony Snicket book called Horseradish: Bitter Truths You Can't Avoid (not so highly recommended).

~Sunday Baroque took a literary twist today.

~Now that I'm in charge of the church bulletin, I was able to sneak in my grandmother's favorite Bible verse:

“There is no one like the God of Israel. He rides across the heavens to help you, across the skies in majestic splendor. The eternal God is your refuge, and His everlasting arms are under you…”

--Deuteronomy 33: 26-27a

(New Living Translation)



~A wonderful, tearful church service. An elderly gentleman named Noble Harris asked for our prayers as he fights his final battle with cancer. (I trust that he doesn't mind me sharing his name with the friends & loved ones who look at this blog...)

~Calling my brother on the way home, who made me laugh and miss him and remember how much I adore my family.

~Taking May Bee to the community mailbox tonight to find ANOTHER great NetFlix selection...a Helen Mirren mystery. (Just finished Cate Blanchett's amazing, breathtaking Elizabeth: The Golden Age. Hate to mail that one back!)

~Finding out that our Internet, although halting and limping, is sort of working again! (Our ISP told Karen that they were having "issues" with their tower when she called to complain.)

~Oh, and learning that Kirsten's blog features video of me in the dunking booth yesterday--and even though my throat is sore and I'm sick today, it was TOTALLY WORTH IT!

Hoping that your Lord's Day was as wonderful as mine,
Kristy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like mother, like daughter! I am responsible for listing the order of service and printing our church bulletin. Last week, because we were going to be in Georgia on Sunday, I printed the bulletins on Wednesday, folded them, and left them on the foyer table as I left Bible study that night. Tonight, I learned that the ladies who cleaned the building on Thursday threw the bulletins away, thinking they were left from the week before. Duh! They were DATED "April 27, 2008."

Our Lord's Day was filled with mixed emotions as we worshipped at Newnan in the building which is now up for sale, sat in the departed Grandma and Grandpa Fowler's pew, listened to their son preach a message of encouragement to a congregation that has diminished in number after a "split" (more like a "swarm"), and then visited the graves of the Confederate veterans of the WBTS after church.

I love that Scripture in your blog!

Luv ya,
Mom