Tuesday, August 28, 2007

ECLIPSE!

Did you see the lunar eclipse this morning? It was eerie and beautiful and blood-red and spooky and a whole lot of other adjectives that won't come to mind before a third cup of coffee.

I risked Texas-sized mosquitoes, dog "patties," and May Bee's ankle-destroying craters (she's a digger) to see the moon, but she was spectacular and SO worth it!

P.S. There's another lizard (gecko?) in our house. This morning, a disembodied pinkie finger ran down the hall! (No wonder I didn't mind standing in the yard and then the street at 5:30 in the morning...the scary stuff is INSIDE the house.)

P.P.S. Keep me lifted up in prayer, please. Tonight, our Ladies' Bible Class starts the book Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference? by Philip Yancey, and it couldn't come at a better time!

3 comments:

The Dynamic Uno said...

Oh! Let me know if it's a great study! I've been eyeing it for awhile and debating on whether or not I should get it.

Bummer! I missed the eclipse this morning. It was rather cloudy, so there wasn't a good view. Oh well.

Unknown said...

If you need a copy of Life of Pi, let me know.

Unknown said...

Just gave Life of Pi away. Hope you didn't want it. :)
The pic of you and the dogs swimming is great!