Saturday, July 05, 2008

Oh, dear.

What started out as a light-hearted trip to FARK.com to see what those PhotoShop scamps had done to a Shorpy contribution took a serious turn when I went to the homepage to check out their top news stories...

...smiles from the photo contest quickly turned into sadness as I read about the 45 Navy Seal Tridents pressed into the casket of Petty Officer Michael A. Monsoor...

...which then melted into tears when I visited the video of the funeral...



...which reminded me of how special yesterday's "Independence Day" *truly* was.

More than just hot dogs (and veggie burgers!) and friends and sparklers and fireworks, but to be able to live in this wonderful, FREE country and celebrate our independence because of men and women like Uncle John and Aunt Doris and Dan Bush and my grandfather and my great-uncle Lloyd and Michael A. Monsoor. What a privilege!

Hoping your July 4th was as wonderful as mine (Bethany's in town!),
Kristy

No comments: