Saturday, September 11, 2010

I'm with Lisa from "Green Acres."

To all the Farmer Types out there trying to make us all jealous with your canning and bread-baking and kefir-brewing(?) and home-schooling stories...it's City Girl's turn!

This morning, after visiting HEB, the world's best grocery store that is 4 MINUTES from my house, it was time to hit La Popular for the Yum Fuel I would need to mow the lawn with an old-fashioned reel mower. (Oh, and the HEB "Combo Loco" deals were especially LOCO this morning. Anyone buying four Lean Cuisine frozen dinners could score free Nestle or Wonka candy. That's right...if you buy low-calorie, low-fat meals, HEB will reward you with free CANDY.)

Next I'm off to the post office (a full 3-minute drive), the mall (where I get a nice employee discount on the cutest clothes at Christopher & Banks!), and then Sonic for a half-price Happy Hour tea (UNsweet, as God intended). City Life has its PERKS. :-)



"Abilene is where I'd rather stay.
I get allergic smelling hay.
I just adore a sunset view.
Dah-ling I love you, but give me Sayles Avenue!"

 

No comments: