Saturday, February 17, 2007

Attack of the Killer Peanut Butter!

Misha, May Bee, and I eat peanut butter every day. (Every. Single. Day. ) Bethany knows this, and it prompted the email exchange below:

Bethany: if you have peanut butter that has a code that starts with 2111, don't eat it. cnn says that you, misha, and may bee will get sick...like a dog?

Mom: WE HAVE SOME OF THAT KILLER PB! Thank goodness we hadn't opened it yet. (See attached photo.)


Bethany: my favorite part of that picture is misha, who looks terribly confused. "why is she photographing it? paper? put that peanut creamy goodness in my mouth!"


***

So, anyway, we're all okay. We finished the old jar of peanut butter *the very day* the warnings were all over the media; we would have opened the 2111 jar the next morning for the dogs' morning spoonful of PB so the alert came just in the nick of time!

Killer spinach. Dangerous green onions. Salmonella-laden PB. Yikes...which food is gonna' strike us next? (My money's on lima beans. Lima beans are the nastiest "food" on the veggie spectrum, and we should avoid them like the plague. Which they probably already carry...)

2 comments:

The Dynamic Uno said...

But I LOVE Lima Beans! They're great with lots of butter and pepper! Yummy!

Karen said...

I'd rather eat a whole stew pot of Lima beans than one spear of asparagus. I'd rather eat cauliflower wrapped in sardines than asparagus. I'd almost rather eat the dirt the asparagus grew in than the asparagus. I don't think God meant for us to eat it. Asparagus tastes wrong.