Monday, November 17, 2008

Since we're sharing...

Here's a never-before-seen photo of my father's parents, emailed to Dad today by a friend who found them among a stack of family photos! (Yes, my grandmother DOES have red hair...and yes, her temper was almost as legendary as her penchant for fun. Not surprisingly, my grandfather was legendary for his outdoorsmanship, patience, and good humor.)

Oh, and since Kirsten got me started on the Dewey Decimal System quiz, I'm apparently filed under 714--Water features.



Kristy's Dewey Decimal Section:

714 Water features


Class:
700 Arts & Recreation


Contains:
Architecture, drawing, painting, music, sports.



What it says about you:
You're creative and fun, and you're good at motivating the people around you. You're attracted to things that are visually interesting. Other people might not always understand your taste or style, but it's yours.

Find your Dewey Decimal Section at Spacefem.com


Well, anyone who has seen the horrible piece of "art" that hangs on my bedroom wall will believe the last part about other people not understanding my taste or style. I bought a framed 3-D objet d'art as a gag gift for a tacky game our family plays, but then I just couldn't part with it. (It's so awful that Bethany makes me take it down when she sleeps in my room. And yes, it really IS that bad. Ask Karen; she's afraid of it, too.)

This picture of "Brittany" does NOT do her justice.
She hangs in my bedroom in the new house...and she's terrifying in the dark...

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

And as I slowly scrolled down and read the description of you in the DDS I had to think of Brittany, just to find her picture a second later...oh, how scary that thing is!
Bethany, I wouldn't sleep with her watching me either...now I know why Kristy never sleeps through the night! And just think, Karen's room is right next door...she could come knocking anytime!!! Be aware, be very aware!!!

Anonymous said...

Mommy!!!

Bluebonnetgirl said...

Is that Malvina Reynolds' evil twin? Do you hear strains of "Artichokes, uh-uh" during the night? Or maybe it's one of the "Talking Heads"?

You have always enjoyed springing for novelty items simply for their shock value! Where did I go wrong?

Love you, anyway,
Mom