Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Spring Break, Baby!



Wheee!! Abilene’s on Spring Break! Margaret asked me about my Big Break Plans, and I said I wanted to have my car inspected. And a weird mole on my thigh inspected, too.

(Woo-hoo! There certainly is a big difference in vacation plans between the ages of 23 and 43…)
Oh, well. At least it’s off to a productive start; here’s what I got accomplished yesterday:

*re-registered my illegal, expired car

*got it inspected

*read 90 pages of Candyfreak

*went to the bank

*turned in my library books, paid my fine, & placed a hold on Suite Francaise

*went to Albertsons & Wal-Mart (ugh)

*got my glasses fixed at Eyemasters

*mailed Bethany a little money & returned Michel Serrault's Le Papillon to NetFlix

*made beef curry & mojitos for dinner


Today, I’ve already fed the dogs, made bacon, done two loads of laundry, and emailed my dad. Next up is weeding, especially the ones that turn into stickers that get into Misha’s fur, and if there’s any energy left, I want to go to a 4:30 step class at the gym.

Ooh, and I need to call the doctor about that mole…

:-)

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

For my birthday present, come and weed my flower beds :-)

mad4books said...

Forget it. I weeded for two solid hours...I ache everywhere...and you can't tell that anyone has even *touched* this half-acre weed bed.

Where's my ibuprofen?

(Yeah. You're getting a gift certificate.)

Sandra said...

A librarian with late fees at the library???? I won't feel so bad next time I pay my $1.50 and shrink of embarrassment because I had the book for two months and haven't even opened it and the librarian looks at me because SHE KNOWS.

mad4books said...

HA! I consider the hefty amount I spend on late fines just one more way I fiscally support the Abilene Public Library. :-)